Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sipping Coffee with the Enemy: also titled, the reluctant Starbucks fan


Those who have been eating with me the past months know that I indulge myself in Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf.  I just love their fragrant hot teas -- the hints of fruits and leaves are wonderfully comforting. When it comes to coffee though, I love the strong flavors of Seattle's Best.

For the past months however, I have been sipping coffee with the enemy.

Admittedly, the Starbucks planner this year is just too elegant to resist.  Yes, it is a tad heavy, but just peek in those clean pages, and you'll be able to imagine all the wonderful dreamy plans you want to make this year.  I guess this is why most of my friends have been lusting over it to give to loved ones or to satiate their own personal desires.  Not to mention that these friends are Starbucks fans in the first place.

got the black one for my mom

So I waved the white flag and gave in. When your own mother is a Starbucks fan, then you know you have to give her the gorgeous planner as a Christmas present.

Deadline for Starbucks planners has been extended to January 20, 2013. So you can still drown yourself in coffee the next few days if you want to score a planner.  In case you're wondering how much a Starbucks Planner costs, here's an infographic from myManila.net:


This year, I discovered there were some Starbucks drinks I could live with.  Their cakes, pastries, and sandwiches I always had heart for, but their drinks were another matter.  I love my coffee strong and sweet and Starbucks never really fit the grade. So I tried their Christmas drinks and while the Dark Cherry Mocha was still too weak in my book, I was pleasantly surprised with their Toffee Nut Latte and Peppermint Mocha.  As an aside, permit me to say that Seattle's Best' Cookies and Mint Christmas drink packs a meaner minty-dark chocolatey punch better. But you know...all eyes should be on the pretty planner.


My Starbucks Picks (pretty extensive list for someone who calls herself a non-fan):

Peppermint Mocha (Christmas drink 2012)
Multi-Grain Bagel (served with jam, butter, and cream cheese)
Caffe Mocha
Very Berry Hibiscus
Roasted Chicken Pesto and Shiitake Mushroom on Flat Bread
Christmas Turkey and Chicken with Chuttney on Cranberry and Walnut Bread
Classic Chocolate Cake
Banoffee Pie
Danish

With all the Starbucks I downed and ate the past months, I have been feeling a bit of a traitor. But if you're sipping coffee and refreshments with friends, then it doesn't matter where you are, right?  After all, the coffee is only as good as the company.

Rekindle the Joy sticker sheet for the 2013 Starbucks planner

Starbucks Very Berry Hibiscus - I'm a fan of this refreshing cooler

birthday drinks with Leo